DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor. I am not a nutritionist, nor have I been trained in the field of medicine, health or nutrition. The information and references provided here are not medical advice. I am simply providing links to blogs, articles and resources where the reader can come to their own conclusions.
Knowledge is Power. Ok, it’s a cliche, but it is for a reason. It’s true. I am an individual who is passionate about health and nutrition and I strive to learn as much as I can. During the course of my own journey and learning’s I have come across a great many links, blogs and articles that I have found valuable.
I have a great many web resources (hundreds,) so for this post I wanted to provide links that relate to a couple of the biggest topics in the health and nutrition blog-o-sphere; Cholesterol and Fats.
Rather than write a long blog post on my opinion on these, the purpose of this post is just to provide the links and resources for those who want to further their own knowledge. So without further adieu, here you go:
- Chris Kresser: The Diet-Heart Myth
- Chris Kresser: 3 Reasons Why You Should Be Skeptical of the New Cholesterol Guidelines.
- Dr. Joseph Mercola: The Truth about High Cholesterol
- Dr. Joseph Mercola: Dr. Rowen on Cholesterol (article and video)
- Dr. John Briffa: The Cholesterol Truth (blog, video) and
- Dr. John Briffa: Is Inflamation The Real Culprit Behind Heart Disease?
- Dr. Jonathan V. Wright: This One Thing Can Cut Heart Attack Risk By 75%
- Marc’s Daily Apple: Blog and The Definitive Guide to Cholesterol
- Marc’s Daily Apple: The Straight Dope on Cholesterol: 10 Things
- Chris Masterjohn: The Daily Lipid (blog)
- Chris Masterjohn: Myth:Eating Cholesterol-Rich Foods Raises Blood Cholesterol Levels
- Chris Masterjohn: Health-and-Cholesterol site: Cholesterol – Your Life Depends on It!
- Coconutoil.com: Coconut Oil and Cholesterol
- Dr. Jim Howenstein: The Truth About Cholesterol
- Dr. Dwight Lundell: What Really Causes Heart Disease
- Weston A. Price Foundation: The Myths and Truths about Cholesterol (PDF Trifold)
- Uffe Ravnskov, MD, PhD: The Cholesterol Myths
- THINCS – The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics
- The Healthy Home Economist – Why You Should Stop Letting Your Doctor Scare You About Cholesterol
- Kris Gunnars: It Ain’t the Fat People!
- Kris Gunnars: Top 10 Reasons Not to Fear Saturated Fats
- Kris Gunnars: Why is Coconut Oil Good For You?
- Dr. Joseph Mercola: Why Over Half of Your Diet Should be This
- Chris Kresser: Cholesterol and Fat are NOT the Enemy
- Bill Barrington, Understand Nutrition: The Low Fat Diet: How it Became so Popular
- Weston A. Price Foundation: A New Look at Coconut Oil
- Weston A. Price Foundation: More Good News on Coconut Oil
- Weston A. Price Foundation: Know Your Fats
- Hungry for Change: Five Fats that Don’t Make You Fat
- Don’t Waste the Crumbs (blog): 13 Reasons to Eat More Butter
- Kelly the Kitchen Kop (blog): Learn Healthy Fats and Oils
- Jon Barron, Baseline of Health Foundation: Fats and Oils Made Simple
- BMJ, Saturated Fat is Not the major issue
I hope you find these links and resources helpful. Obviously there is a LOT of information linked above, and this really only scratches the surface. But the more information you can arm yourself with, the better able you will be to have discussions with friends, family, colleagues and yes, your doctors. You could easily spend way too much time reading and researching, but as they say, Knowledge is Power. Happy Reading!
Next on my list to include here, SUGAR!
P.S. If you have any additional websites, blogs or links I may be interested, feel free to send them to me.